- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview WHO MAY APPLY: This place is available to all candidates that are qualified. Wastewater, Teamsters neighborhood 117 internal applicants will get very first consideration. $1.00 each hour through the base wage shall be diverted towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, employment cover letter and resume
WORK SCHEDULE: Standard hours that are working 40 hours each week. Candidates should be offered to work any assigned routine. This position is exempt through the conditions associated with Fair work guidelines Act and it is perhaps maybe not overtime-eligible.
JOB DEFINITION: The duties for this category include supervising workers who monitor, run and keep maintaining a wastewater therapy center, conveyance and collection system. Incumbents make sure conformity with appropriate regional, Washington State and federal atmosphere, wastewater and security laws and demands and tend to be in charge of preparing long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification administration. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the job of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory obligations consist of employing, review and evaluate worker work performance and provide constructive feedback; offer mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Arrange, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of the team in addition to long-range preparation and scheduling of a team. Ensure completion that is timely quality of work because of the team. Take part in long-range facilities preparation.
- Requisition supplies and equipment, keep stock, make sure requisition procedures are followed and also make budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for an assigned section of major construction tasks with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction administration division. Organize, coordinate and provide technical expertise on long-range unique tasks; offer way to senior staff on unique jobs.
- Assist staff that is senior scheduling and prioritizing work purchases along with other divisions, departments and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and supply training to others and training that is maintain on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, division as well as other agencies’ reactions to unusual occurrences and emergencies; simply simply simply take corrective action as appropriate. Might be accountable for news contact. Ensure adherence to any or all policies, criteria and procedures.
- Run, monitor and control equipment and systems making use of computer that is complex. Be involved in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal agencies that are regulatory.
- Assume operational responsibilities in the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes along with other operations.
- Perform the duties of this other classifications inside the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as required.
- Be around to exert effort all change schedules, including rotating changes; can be expected to be on standby and/or status that is call-out susceptible to after-hours call-in for unusual occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced understanding of task administration strategies and maxims
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function and major components for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and systems that are hydraulic
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring that is handy remote control system when it comes to gear and systems into the initial, main and additional, solids managing, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced familiarity with expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to manage, run and monitor a significant wastewater therapy system
- Advanced understanding of experience with operating, monitoring, keeping and training regarding the equipment and systems within the treatment that is preliminary, main therapy area, additional area, solids managing area plus in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water hookupdates.net/pinalove-review, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and using information that is technical plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in keeping and developing a working that is effective aided by the general public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, downline along with other workgroups.
- Advanced familiarity with advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater therapy systems and operations and odor that is complex systems and also to handle unusual occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge within the application of participative workplace company concepts, like the company preparation procedure, the establishment of criteria and feedback, communication, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective group meetings, problem-solving, choice creating and facilitation.
- Some familiarity with buying policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting long- and workload that is short-term, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Ability in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and procedure information, difficulty reports and work needs.
- Experience within the application of security policies, procedures and methods for restricted room entry, fall protection, hazard communication, recognition and control, dangerous power control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing right right right back accidents, breathing security, fire security, department facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other department-wide safety information
- Experience in advanced level training to meet up with or meet or exceed King County, state and regulations that are federal
- Supervisory abilities to lead, teach and mentor; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and simply simply simply take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and skills that are decision-making
Supplemental Ideas LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Official Certification
- CPR and medical official certification
SELECTION PROCESS: A competitive process is is likely to be useful for this selection procedure. Breakdown of interior applicants should include reviews of performance appraisals, workers files, internal guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any last offer. External prospects will demand associates for recommendations.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
To get more information about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific